Associate Professor – Economics & Finance
- Understudy for PhD at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- UGC-NET qualified (2012)
- MBA (Fin)–St. Ann’s College, Osmania University
- BA(Hons) Economics–Ruparel College, Mumbai University
- Level 1 & 2 in Spanish Language – Maitrise Language Essentials, Hyd
- “Personality & Perspective Development Undergraduate Programme” by National IAS Academy (sister concern of National School of Banking)
- Associate Professor – Economics and Finance at ICBM-SBE, Hyd (since 2012)
- Senior Faculty & Quality Head at International Institute of Telecom Management, Hyd.
- Corporate training (Freelancing)
- PlanMan HR Solutions & TES, Hyd.
- Conducted Training at corporations such as Nektar Therapeutics, Shamirpet & Goldstone Technologies, Hitech City – among others.
- Academic Dean, Internal Verifier & Quality Nominee at Bentham Insitute of Management & Languages affiliated to Edexcel, UK (2009-2010)
- Associate Professor & Head of Department at St. Ann’s P.G. College for Women, Hyd. (2006-09)
- Lecturer at ICBM School of Business Excellence (1999-2006)
- Guest faculty/trainer at Jeevan SoftTech (Madras Univ), ICFAI School of HRD, Smart ICBM, TISS-MA (HR), Chanakya CA Institute.
- Contributed Case studies for Times Education
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Core experience in teaching at Post Graduate level (MBA & PDM courses), Executive Education and Corporate Training
- Subject expertise: Managerial Economics, Investment & Portfolio Management, Corporate Finance, Business Strategy & Business Research
- Also delivered subjects such as Strategic Financing Decision & Policy, Financial Risk Management, Statistics, Operations Management, Operations Research, Organisational Behaviour.
- Adept at programme management responsibilities when held posts of Head of the Department Dean: curriculum development; design & delivery of student activities; academic planning & delivery, student greivance handling; recruitment & training of teaching faculty & sales team; organizing guest lectures, job fairs, seminars; stakeholder relationship management. Pioneered the launch of a departmental magazine titled ‘Corporate Paradigm’.
- Convenor of Alumni Association & Parent Association (PG chapters); Secretary of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Design & delivery of training sessions under ‘Budding Manager – Experiential Learning Programme.’
- Expertise in curriculum development; design & delivery of student activities;
- Excellent at student greivances handling
- Actively persuing mentoring teaching faculty;
- Freelancing corporate training assignments.
- Adept in various aspects of the educational institution – adapting to changing requirements, multi-tasking & managing multiple responsibilities such as accreditation documentation, creating collaterals such as training modules, college prospectus & handbook.
- Active in recruitment & training of teaching faculty & sales team.
- Excellent in internal verification of course delivery & assessment as per institution norms
- Ardent pursuer of stakeholder relationship management,
- Designed & conducted innovative communication & decision making skills activities titled ‘Creativity Credo’.
- Pioneered the launch of a departmental magazine titled ‘Corporate Paradigm’.
- Immaculate at designing personality development sessions, creativity & corporate skills workshops.
- Institution Building activities: adapting to changing requirements, multi-tasking & managing multiple responsibilities such as accreditation documentation, creating collaterals such as training modules, college prospectus & handbook, PR content.
- Trained in Internal verification of course delivery & assessment as per Edexcel-UK norms
- Passionate about innovative teaching – learning practices and pedagogy.
FDPs( Faculty Development Programs) Workshops, and Seminars Attended
- Attended AICTE sponsored FDP “Emerging Trends in Indian Economy” at IPE, Hyderabad in 2008.
- Attended FDP “Overview of the currrent trends in Mangement Education” at Osmania University in 2008
- FDP at ICBM-SBE on “Recent Trends on Teaching & Learning in Management” (Jan 2017)
- FDP at ISB on “Research in Accounting” (Dec 2016)
- National Seminar “IFRS & Its Implications in India” (2016) at ICBM-SBE
- National Seminar “Fraudulent Practices in Indian Capital Markets” at Commerce Dept, OU (2016)
- International Conference IICC-2016 at ICBM-SBE (2016)
- National Conference on Management Research” at ICBM-SBE (2016)
- Organized workshop “Investor Education Program” by BSE at ICBM-SBE (2016)
- Workshop by Proquest at ICBM-SBE (2016)
- FDP at ICBM-SBE on “Become a Master Teacher” (2015)
- 6 th Indian Management Conclave at ISB (2015)
- FDP at ISB on “Innovative Teaching practices (2015)
- FDP at ICBM-SBE on “Become a Master Teacher” (2012)
- AICTE sponsored FDP at IPE on “ Emerging Trends in Indian Economy.” (2008)
- FDP at Osmania University on “Overview of Current Trends in Management” (2008)
MDP (Management Development Program)
Delivered a module on “Innovation Strategies for Growth” in a program titled “ Strategies for Growth” organised by IPE, on Dec 17th & 18th , 2012 at Green Park, Hyd.
- Invited to deliver module “Career Strategies for Women Professionals” under MDP program by IPE (2014)
- Invited to deliver module “Career Progression-Connecting the Dots” under MDP program by IPE (2013)
- Invited to deliver module “Innovation Strategies for Growth” under MDP program by IPE (2012)
PAPERS PRESENTED AND PUBLICATIONS:
- March 2008: “Strategic Alliances – Walking on Thin Ice” – National Seminar on Strategic Alliances-Indian Scenario at RBVRR College.
- Feb 2008: “Mega Marketing Practices in the New Economy – case of Moser Baer” – National Seminar on New Economy at Osmania University.
- Nov 2007: “Competitive Advantage” – National Seminar on Vision 2020: Management Challenges & Competitive Advantages at Vignana Jyothi College
- Dec 2006: “Mutual Funds-A Desirable Investment Avenue” – National Seminar on Financial Services at University of Hyderabad
- Presented case study titled “ Vedanta-Cairn Merger-A case study on Shareholder Activism” at IICC 2016 International Conference (2016)
- Presented paper titled “A Study on IFRS Implementation in India & its Impact on Corporate Restructuring” at National Seminar on IFRS & Its Implications in India (2016)
- Presented paper titled “Risk Concerns of Micro-finance Industry” at National Seminar on Fraudulent Financial Practices in Capital Markets: Issues & Concerns, Dept. of Commerce – OU (2016)
- Published chapter in book titled “Managing Business in Turbulent Times: A Case study Approach” (ISBN 978-81- 924315-0- 5) (2014)
- Presented case study titled “Reinventing the Future: a Case study of Google Moonshots” at IICC 2013 International Conference (2013)
- Published case study “John Mayers Reconsiders his Purchases: There is more to Demand than just Desire” in ET Cases (2013)
- Published case study titled “Tanya and Tanmay want to Buy: Sticky Sellers seldom Bargain” in ET Cases (2013)
- Book Review on “Where Have All The Senior Women Gone?” by Ines Winchert, published in Udaan (2013)
- Presented paper titled “Strategic Alliances – Walking on Thin Ice” National Seminar on Strategic Alliances at RBVVR College. (2008)
- Presented paper titled “Mega Marketing Practices in the New Economy – Case of Moser Baer” at National Seminar on New Economy by Osmania University (2008)
- Presented paper titled “Competitive Advantage in New Economy” at National Seminar on Vision 2020 by Vignana Jyothi College (2007)
- Presented paper titled “Mutual Funds – a Desirable Investment Avenue” at National Seminar on Financial Services by University of Hyderabad (2006)
- Part of the organizing committee of the 24th AIMS Annual Management Education Convention. Responsible for 2 plenary and 2 concurrent sessions.
- Nov 2009: Underwent training session “Programme Design & Delivery under Edexcel, British Curriculum.”
- Approved as Internal Verifier & Quality Nominee under Edexcel.
- Organized blood donation drive at college (2016)
- Invited for paper setting and viva-voce as subject expert by autonomous colleges
- Invited as guest judge for college fests
- Organizing, coordinating and hosting for conferences, seminars, convocation ceremony, etc.
- Content on personal blog and regular posts on Linkedin on management topics
- Part of the organizing committee of the 24th AIMS Annual Management Education Convention.Responsible for hosting 2 plenary and 2 concurrent sessions.
- Nov 2009: Underwent training session “Programme Design & Delivery under Edexcel, Britis Curriculum.” Approved as Internal Verifier & Quality Nominee under Edexcel.